I suggest you ...

Offer self-hosted version

Have a version that can be easily installed on any web server to act as a personal version of Shortmarks

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adminjaden (Owner, Shortmarks) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • v5point0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a login is valuable in that case since it gives users means for personalization and security that only they can have access to.

In my case, I am the sole user but I assume this is not the same for everyone. But if there is no login, would be using cookies instead?

• Adminjaden (Owner, Shortmarks) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback. One of the issues I'm mulling over is whether or not I want to spend the time smoothing out the installation and initial configuration. I'm also curious if most instances would be for a single user, in which case there would be no need for authentication or users. Do you envision using your instance for anyone else or just yourself?

Like you have indicated, this would be a great idea and one that would help reduce privacy concerns and help with Shortmarks support on the long run. It is a win / win situation - two birds one stone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base